Graduating from Turing is a huge accomplishment! However, your Turing journey isn’t complete until you secure your first technical job, and the Career Development team is here to continue to support you!
The Mod 5 Events Calendar provides information for upcoming group check-ins, guest speakers, and any additional events for job seekers. If you have questions or need further information, please feel free to contact members of the Career Dev team.
Job Search Coaching: What you can expect from us
Career development and job search support is included in Turing tuition, but beyond that, we do not fulfill our mission without supporting every graduate to find a fulfilling technical job. This means that we will not only provide you with ongoing customized support but we will also refer you to positions that are aligned with your interests and skills.
You’ll work with Lex Stewart (@lex on Slack), the Career Specialist overseeing Module 5.
Job Seeker Expectations: What we expect from you
We are going to provide as much support as you need, but this is a partnership with every job seeker – you are expected to participate in this mentorship until you secure your first technical job.
What does this mean?
- Attend small group meetings and/or setting up 1:1 coaching session with your Career Specialist
- Respond to messages from your Career Specialist in a timely manner
- Engage with feedback from your Career Specialist and other job seekers
- Complete surveys and deliverables established in the Module 5 Slack Channel, small group, or larger group sessions
- Follow up on agreed upon action steps with your Career Specialist
- Communicate any challenges or other circumstances that are affecting your job search
It’s important for us to know what’s going on with you in regards to your job search, and regular communication will be key. We can’t help you if we don’t hear from you!
Group Coaching: What it looks like
Each week, you’ll have the opportunity to participate in a variety of group activities. The most up-to-date information will be posted in the #module-5 channel on Slack, but here are some potential topics of discussion:
- Networking strategies
- Resume or cover letter review workshops
- Interview strategies
- Dealing with rejection
- Time management & scheduling
- Group working sessions to build accountability
Resources to Help You with Your Job Search
Sending out a bunch of applications but not hearing anything back?
Having trouble refining your cover letter?
Refer to these Turing Professional Development Resources on cover letters here
Receive an offer?
Message Lex (@lex) and Allison Reu-Singer (@allison_reu_singer) on Slack to let them know! The Turing Career Dev Team is happy to help you navigate the offer and negotiations process. You can also check out these resources on negotiations