What is Civic Tech?
Civic Tech is a catch-all term for technology built for public or community good, and the industries that could fall under this term range from government, non-profit, or those focused on social issues. This article gives more background into this field.
Research & Learning
More than probably any other industry, Civic Tech is designed to include others through open source and community projects. Here are some resources on how to learn more and get involved:
- Civic Tech Field Guide has information on 4000+ civic tech projects.
- Check out the Civic Tech Innovation Network news articles to learn more about what’s happening in this organization.
How to find Jobs in Civic Tech
- Code for America is a great place to start to see what civic tech can look like in action and get involved.
- Depending on where you live, Code for America has 80+ local chapters in their Brigade Network
Job Boards & Search Tools
- Tech Jobs for Good
- Progressive Data Jobs
- Code for America’s Public Interest Tech job board. Note: this site is down for maintenance until July 1, 2021