Module 4 focuses on revisiting key areas of the Professional Development curriculum to support a successful job search and future career in Tech. The last core competency of the PD curriculum to learn is the art of negotiating salaries and evaluating job offers. Find more specifics here on Mod 4 Key Learning Goals & Outcomes.
- Intro to Mod 4 and Strategies for Success.
- Salary Negotiation Workshop
- New Graduate Services Kickoff introduces Job Seeker Support for New Graduates in their First Job Search
- Salary Negotiation.The lesson discusses the importance of salary negotiation, the process of negotiating, and how to build a strategy.
Professional Development Activities
- Through Mock Interviews students can practice interview skills and receive constructive feedback in a safe and supportive environment.
Deliverables to Complete
Salary negotiation lesson and exit ticket. Due by Friday of week 4
Request a review of the terminal portfolio by the end of week 4. Career specialists will review and provide feedback or publish it. *Please ensure that the portfolio meets all publication requirements. This includes a complete resume, an optimized LinkedIn profile, Github, and two projects with screenshots,due by Friday of Week 4.
Complete the final PD self-evaluation survey. Must be submitted by the EOD Friday of Week 5.
Terminal portfolio resources:
Early Graduation Program Requirements
- A graduation certificate may still be issued if you have signed a job offer. Once you have reviewed the general outline of expectations below, reach out to your instructors and Career Specialists to follow up on the next step.
General outline of expectations
- Attend and maintain above 80% attendance for the first 3 weeks of classes.
- Successfully complete the first project.
- Complete your developer portfolio for terminal.
- Develop a 30/60/90-day professional development plan using the template and article below.
- 30/60/90-day guide.
- Use this template for your submission.