Our approach to Mod 3 is to build on the competencies covered in the previous modules so that students can refine their resumes and interview skills, build portfolios, write effective cover letters, and execute their job search strategies.
Find more specifics here on Mod 3 Key Learning Goals & Outcomes.
Lessons & Activities
- Week 1: Resumes & Portfolios
- Week 2: Interview Prep
- Week 3: No Session Job Shadow Prep
- Week 4: Cover Letters
- Week 5:
Deliverables & Due Dates
- LinkedIn updated:
- Highlight your technical skills
- Add technical keywords to your About Me and make any necessary updates to your story
- Take student out of your headline if it’s there
- We recommend using intermission to work on updates. Final due date: Friday of Week 2, submitted through survey shared in your channel
- Resume updated:
- Your resume should be ATS-ready and formatted as a technical resume
- Due date #1 Submit your resume to CV Compiler using promo code TuringSchool by EOD Wednesday of Week 4
- Final due date: EOD Friday of Week 5 through the end of mod survey (below)
- Create a cover letter based on a job description:
- Directions listed [here]
- Due date #1: Wednesday of Week 5 during homeroom
- Final due date: EOD Friday of Week 5 in end of mod survey (below)
- Complete end of mod self-evaluation survey by EOD Friday of Week 5
Weekly Discussion Guidelines & Prompts
Every Wednesday afternoon, you’ll meet with other students to discuss and collaborate on your professional development. Read through the overview on the Homeroom Groups page to understand what this will look like. Homeroom groups are with your cohort only and happen in Weeks 1-5 while Mix It Up groups are groups that are mixed across the entire student body and happen in Weeks 2 and 4.
Repeating the Module
For students repeating Module 3, they are not required to attend workshops again unless they would like to. Instead, they will create specific goals to work on during the module using this plan. They will continue to meet with their Homeroom and Mix It Up groups on Wednesday afternoons.