Our approach to Mod 3 is to build on the competencies covered in the previous modules so that students can refine their resumes and interview skills, build portfolios, write effective cover letters, and execute their job search strategies.
Find more specifics here on Mod 3 Key Learning Goals & Outcomes.
- Tracey Monteiro (she/her)
- Ryan Frank (he/him)
- Week 1: Career Materials.
- Week 4: Cover Letters + Application Process. Job Shadow Prep
- Week 5: Work on what is due this week! All deliverables are due Friday of Week 5
Timeline for Deliverables
- Optimized LinkedIn for Job Search
- Fill out your profile thoroughly
- Use the best keywords in the headline, summary, experience, education, and skills sections throughout the profile
- If applicable, replace the student title with a “developer” title
- Updating your LinkedIn profile should be completed by Friday EOD of Week 3.
- Updated Resume
- The resume goal in Mod 3 is to have a complete version of your technical resume that is ATS Friendly and meets the requirements of a technical resume.
- You will use your completed resume in week 5 via resume review activities
- Your updated resume should be finalized by EOD Friday of Week 4
- Cover Letter Developed
- Create a cover letter based on the job description
- During week 5, homeroom groups will use the cover letter and job description.
- Your cover letter draft should be finalized by EOD Tuesday of Week 5
Updated drafts of resume, coverletter and LinkedIn are due Friday of Week 5 through the end of mod self-evaluation survey.
- Terminal Portfolio
- Setting up your Terminal Portfolio is optional for Mod 3.
- Portfolios can be submitted anytime during the inning, as long as its before EOD Friday of Week 5
Deliverables & Due Dates
Exit Tickets for each of the async lessons. Exit tickets are due by Friday of the respective week.
Weekly Discussion Guidelines & Prompts
- In Weeks 1, 3, and 5, house groups will meet Wednesday afternoons to discuss and collaborate on professional development.
- Mix It Up groups from across Mods will meet in Weeks 2 and 4 to collaborate and network
- Homeroom Groups page to understand what this will look like.
The following are general guidelines for repeating a module
- Attend the Intro to PD session for information and updates.
- Participate in House and Mix It Up, groups.
- Complete a new self-evaluation survey based on current PD activities and reflections.
- Participation in PD sessions is optional if you have already attended them.
- You are encouraged to participate in Job shadow.