NOTE: Back End Mod 3 students should be referring to the Back End site for all Professional Development content.
Our approach to Mod 3 is to build on the competencies covered in the previous modules so that students can refine their resumes and interview skills, build portfolios, write effective cover letters, and execute their job search strategies.
- Tracey Monteiro (Backend Program)
- Lex Stewart (Frontend Program)
Weekly Breakdown| Deliverables and Exit Tickets
- Week 1:PD Intro and setting up your Terminal Portfolio.
Please note that in Mod 3 you only need to build the bio section of your portfolio. These updates are visible to career staff. Therefore you do not need to submit it for review until it is fully complete.
A key resource that you could consider using is this Notion dashboard to organize your PD resources and content.
- Week 3: Cover Letter Lesson (a cover letter slide deck will be provided during the session) and Exit Ticket.
- Cover letter draft due by Monday of week 6.
Week 5: Work on PD Deliverables that are due by Monday of Week 6. Be prepared to submit an updated resume with Mod 3 projects for the final self-eval.
- Week 6: Submit the end of mod self-evaluation survey by Monday of Week 6.
Career Exploration Events
The following are general guidelines for repeating a module
- Attend the Intro to PD session for information and updates.
- Participate in House groups.
- Complete a new self-evaluation survey based on current PD activities and reflections.
- Participation in PD sessions is optional if you have already attended them.
- You are encouraged to participate in the Job Shadow.
- Resume Guide
- Front and Backend Technical Skills
- PD Approved ATS-friendly resume example
- 185 Action Verbs
- Browse PD resources for networking, interviewing, career materials, job search, and much more
- LinkedIn optimization with Jobscan
If you have any questions about the information provided on this page, please reach out to the Career Development team!