Our approach to Mod 3 is to build on the competencies covered in the previous modules so that students can refine their resumes and interview skills, build portfolios, write effective cover letters, and execute their job search strategies.
Find more specifics here on Mod 3 Key Learning Goals & Outcomes.
Lessons & Exit Tickets
Each lesson concludes with an exit ticket that quizzes key points. Exit tickets need to be completed by EOD on the Friday following the lesson.
- Week 1: Resumes & Portfolios. Week 1 Exit Ticket
- Week 2: Interview Prep. Week 2 Exit Ticket.
- Week 3: Live Interview Session
- Week 4: Cover Letters + Application Process. Week 4 Exit Ticket.
- Week 4: Job Shadow Prep
- Week 5: Work on what is due this week! All deliverables are due Friday of Week 5
Deliverables & Due Dates
By the end of Mod 3, you should have completed the following:
- Exit Tickets for each of the async lessons. These should be completed by EOD Friday of the respective week.
- Optimized LinkedIn for Job Search
- Fill out your profile thoroughly
- Use the best keywords in the headline, summary, experience, education, and skills sections throughout the profile
- If applicable, replace the student title with a “developer” title
- Updating your LinkedIn profile should be completed by Friday EOD of Week 2. Please submit using this form
- Updated Resume
- The resume goal in Mod 3 is to have a complete version of your technical resume that is ATS Friendly and meets the requirements of a technical resume
- You will use your completed resume in week 5 via resume review activities
- Your updated resume should be finalized by EOD Friday of Week 4
- Cover Letter Developed
- Create a cover letter based on the job description
- During week 5, homeroom groups will use the cover letter and job description.
- Your cover letter draft should be finalized by EOD Tuesday of Week 5
Final drafts of resume, coverletter and LinkedIn are due **EOD Friday of Week 5 through the end of mod self-evaluation survey
- Setting up your Terminal Portfolio is optional for Mod 3.
- Portfolios can be submitted anytime during the inning, as long as its before EOD Friday of Week 5
Weekly Discussion Guidelines & Prompts
Every Wednesday afternoon, you’ll meet with other students to discuss and collaborate on your professional development. Read through the overview on the Homeroom Groups page to understand what this will look like. Homeroom groups are with your cohort only and happen in Weeks 1-5 while Mix It Up groups are groups that are mixed across the entire student body and happen in Weeks 2 and 4.
Repeating the Module
For students repeating Module 3, they are not required to attend workshops again unless they would like to. Instead, they will create specific goals to work on during the module using this plan. They will continue to meet with their Homeroom and Mix It Up groups on Wednesday afternoons.